Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Texas 10K result

The aforementioned Texas 10K workout went well.   I held between a 6:25min / mile pace and a 6:40 min / mile pace through the entire <del>29</del> 31* lap journey.  I slowed down towards the end as the wind really picked up towards the end of the workout, and blew against us during turn 1 and most of the following straightaway. 

I remember back in July when I did this workout, that my cool down run back to HQ was slower than slow, and today, I was running a healthy 7:30/mile pace chatting with Jennifer about her upcoming Sacramento marathon. Turns out its super flat.  The drive home felt good too, I felt pretty fresh, but I must say that now, sitting here at work, my legs are pretty tired.  I’ve stepped on to my Calf stretcher 3 times already, and can’t wait for my 1:30pm Thursday massage.

  

12 miles of Texas 10K – check!

 

*they added 2 more sets to the front 400s this time around, which made it 1 kilometer, or 2/3rds of a mile longer.

No comments: