Saturday, April 5, 2008

They didn't drop me, I dropped them.

On my last post, Brownie commented: "Never, ever, never let a road runner drop you going up a hill!"
Coming from someone who does waaaaaay more trail running than me, I took it to heart; that was my goal for this morning.
I met up with the Boston crew at the Rogue store for a 6:30am 12 mile run. I haven't run that far since Feb 17 (Austin Marathon), and every run since then has pretty much been on trails except a little 5 miler in central park.

There's really not much to report about the run, other than Bruce told me at the end that we ended up going about 12.6 miles, and average a 7:40 pace. I definitely felt that my legs were heavy in the last 2 miles and Bruce kindly slowed down with me.
We also didn't run as many hills as I thought we would, as the runs now start 1.5 farther east, so don't go as far into the Scenic drive hills. (bummer)
However the hills we did hit, I charged up. I like running hills to begin with, and usually power up faster than most, and it was no different today: I kept my flat pace up through the hills, and thanks to Brownie's motivation, I dropped the road runners. (Thanks, I needed that.) Then again, no one knew my plan, but hey, they could've picked up the pace too.

No comments: