Wednesday, September 3, 2008

11.5 Free run miles of fun

Met up with a good crowd today for 10.3 miles. Ruh, Erin, Nedra, Jon, Derrick, Ken and Bruce.
We appointed Bruce official Free Run leader for the day and he didn't disappoint.  I'd tell you the route but it's impossible to route out a free run.  I can however tell you we ran on at least 5 streets I'd never run on before.

I ran a 1.2 mile Karma Loop before hand and am glad to report it was Karma's best showing of the season!

Tomorrow I will begin to assert my dominance in the hills.  I'l take it easy on them, as I really don't want to discourage anyone this early into the hill phase.  Heck, some could even drop out of the whole training program if I really turned it on "high heat", so i'll be gentle.



3 comments:

brownie said...

What, exactly, is a free run?

MW said...

running so many friggin days a week, and so many miles over the summer, we got tired of running the same routes over and over again. So we came up with "Free Running" where there's no set route, and 1 person get appointed as Free Run lead. He/she just decides as we approach road crossings around town whether we run down this street or that street etc. It greatly reduces the boredom that could come into play from repetition.
Kinda silly, but hey, it keeps things fresh and interesting... whatever works, right?

MW said...

it helps if someone in the group has a Garmin if you're out for specific distance instead of time. I think a free run based on time would be even better.