Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday morning Recovery Run

Eventhough I took Sunday as a rest day, just walking an hour in the greenbelt with Karma so he could have some fun, I still couldn't stay awake past 8pm last night and slept like a rock till the alarm rang at 4:30 for my 1 snooze. Slept heavily for those 9 minutes too!

Considered skipping out as I knew there plenty of people going, but I had committed so I got my butt up. I met up with Bruce, Jason and Kamran for a run this morning.
it was cold out. Weather lady on tv said 25 out at the airport, my car said 31 when I was done running.

We did a karma loop, then ran away from the waters of townlake onto the road and warmer weather. I turned around after 30 minutes as I was only looking to run for an hour.

My legs felt a little heavy which was expected, but there was no visible pain, injury or severe soreness after Saturday's race. My left hamstring was a little twitchy, but nothing even close to like the week after CIM, where I felt like it was about to snap off my leg.

Ended up with about 6.5 miles. My pace slowed considerably on the last mile and a half, but that was intentional.

Need to eat a ton today to allow my body to fuel back up. I think a few slices of Pizza for lunch may be in order.

Ended last week with 61 miles, and should get about that same amount his week, followed by my regular ramp up to 90 over the next few weeks.

Happy running!

1 comment:

brownie said...

That's one of the great things about trail running - you don't beat your body up like you do on the road. After San Juan I got up the next day and hiked two 14ers. Even after Leadville and Hardrock, once I catch up on sleep, my body feels fine the next day. But I'll be sore for a week after Austin.