Monday, September 28, 2009

new songs

I'm not convinced i like all these songs, but these are the latest 6 songs I downloaded to have new music for my runs during my business trip this week. 

Some(*) have been out for a while and I just got around to downloading them, but others are new tunes they're starting play on channels 26(Indie/underground) or 21(alternative) on Sirius, which means you won't hear them on Austin stations until November (if you're lucky).  Some will be hot by SXSW 2010

*Band of Skulls - I know what I am (Wolfmother, meets Punk Rock, meets the Kooks)
*Hot hot heat - Let me in (I'm sure this before... Indie Rock, Kooks'ish)
*The Gaslight Anthem Old White Lincoln - (Airborne Toxic Event meets The Killers)
*Tokyo Police Club - Your English is Good (Another Fratellis/Kooks'ish band - not a new band by any means, but this song is sooo good!)
M83 - Kim and Jessie (MGMT, mellow indie rock, catchy keyboard tune)
Limousines - Very Busy People  (kind of sounds like MGMT, very catchy... i find myself singing this all day long)

1 comment:

Sadie J said...

Four of the Six are now playing on my blog. No Band of Skulls or The Gaslight Anthem, and the M83 is a remix apparently.

Enjoy your trip as much as you can. Hope you get some running in.