Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday long run

First long run on the road with effort to run decent paces.  I'm running the Austin Marathon with my friend Dan, that needs a 3:20 marathon to qualify for Boston. 

Dan was looking to do some Goal Pace training today, and wanted to get in about 20 miles or so at 3:20 marathon pace that is about 7:41 minutes per mile.
I ran 2 miles before i met up with him and a few others, then we all ran 10.1 miles.  We returned to the store, then Dan and I took off and did our best to run 7:41 for 13.5 miles.  Part of out 13.5 was the first 9.5 miles of the course, and we really well holding pace on all but the 3 miles of downhill on South 1st.
Overall, we ended up running 23.7 miles at 7:32 pace, and I added another 2 miles to that for a total of 25.7.
7:32 pace is a 3:17:22 marathon so we're right on track to get him to Boston.  

My foot started acting up for the last 25 minutes or so, and i was getting pretty tired.  Then again, I had a speedy Tuesday, and quite the workout on Thursday, so I'm happy about where I am with 85 days to go before Boston.

No comments: