Monday, May 9, 2011

Week Ending Sunday May 8 2011

Monday - 3 miles - was going to run 7or8, but my legs were completely dead so I decided it was better to let them rest to have a better run 24 hours later.

Tuesday - 5 miles on trails with karma.  Great run. He was feeling really strong due to the cool temperatures.

Wednesday - 6 miles with Cindy and Karma on the trails. Karma did well, but started to fade towards the end.  Cool weather again had me feeling strong.

Friday - easy 3 or so with Karma on trails.

Saturday - 2 hours 45 mins - 18.5 miles accomplished.  First 9 miles up rollingwood and around the mall and back for 9 miles, in about 1 hr 20, then hopped on the trails for 1 hour 25 with David, for 9.5 more at a pretty healthy pace for trails.  I was toast by the end of it, but felt good to get it in.

Total: 35.5 miles.
The goal was 40, but I didn't make it out on Sunday.   Goal for this week is now 40-44miles, adding another 15 minutes to the long run for a full 3 hours. I will keep adding 15 mins to the long run until I reach 4 hours by end of May.  That's when things get fun.

In more important news, the drought conditions are bad.
Austin is located in between the two dark blobs on the middle and right.  I can't imagine it will take much longer before we go into exceptional drought too.

No comments: