Friday, November 18, 2011

Green Day at Red 7


In college I bought Green Day's first big album "Dookie".  I played that CD hundreds of times.  I still play it!  It's my absolute favorite house cleaning CD.  I blast it and go to town on the cleaning!

This is what Green Day's shows are typically like, 65 thousand fans jam packed rocking away...


Just give this video below 30 seconds or so, to get the full visual of size and scope of a typical show.


... so when i got wind that 400 tickets had been sold in 15 seconds to a surprise "secret" show at a small venue here in Austin for a show last night, my plans for Thursday quickly changed.  Long story short, i got really lucky and was one of the few standing around out front to find someone selling an extra ticket (for a non-ridiculous price) so i was in!

I'm not a fan of people who spend an entire concert taking 200 photos and 16 videos on their phone, but do typically snap about 4 or 5 photos and hope one comes out good; so when i read the posters EVERYWHERE that no photography was allowed and they would kick out anyone caught, that was music to my ears!

I did snap two photos just for memories sake, and that's all i needed. They both worked out ok.
Let me tell you, to see a band who easily fill up a 60 thousand person European soccer stadium, or multiple days at Madison Square Garden in a venue that holds 4-500 was incredible.
I couldn't believe that i was a few feet from Billy Joe singing "welcome to paradise" followed by "American Idiot" to start the show!   2 hours later, I was drenched in sweat and it took me till mid afternoon today for it to sink in that I actually saw Green Day at such a small venue!




 One guy upfront snapped a photo of the playlist before the show started and I snapped a photo of his camera photo!  ha!

A night I don't think I'll ever forget!


No comments: