Thursday, June 7, 2012

not sure it's considered running but...

I continue to go to Physical Therapy, one or two times a week depending on my work load and availability on their end. 

In the last couple of weeks, the fat pad around the knee has been feeling much better, and I actually think i'm really close to being past this nuisance.  
I can't tell you exactly how I know this, other than something inside of me just makes me feel like it's almost over.  I had the same feeling when i was coming out of my 10 month long IT Band issue.  Kind of a "rejuvenated" feeling - it's weird.

Lately, I've been successful in running outdoors on my own.  In case you missed the episode from early April, I tried to run outdoors but I failed miserably after 7 minutes, so that was the end of that.

Each of the last two weeks I ran 5 times for a total of 10 minutes each, alternating between one minute run, and one minute walk.   
This past Monday, Physical Therapy went really well, and I got the green light to up the running to 2 minutes run, 1 minute walk.   
I've done that 11 minute stuff for 3 straight days and it's been fine.  
I'm fully confident I'll be graduating to 3 mins / 1 min for Saturday.  Hopefully that also means 15-20 minutes in my near future. 

At this pace, my personal goals is now to build as follows (depending on improvement:
End of June: 30-60minutes (of continuous running).
End of July:  1 to 2 hours  
End of Aug:  2 to 3 hours
End of Sept: 3 to 4hours
End of Oct:   4 hours +
Nov 17: San Antonio Marathon pacing - 3hr 40min  
Jan 2013: Bandera 50km trail race

I'll build upon every prior saturday long run, by adding 15 mins.

1 comment:

Muz said...

I like the plan Mike, hopefully welcome back