Monday, August 13, 2012

3 out of 4

Trying to step up the running a little more, so i ran 50 minutes on Friday, 55 on Sunday then another 55 today.  All on trails.   There was a 5 minute stretch today when the knee was not happy, but it may have been from the slow pace (new friends I ran with that are quite slower than i am on trails), but the irritation went away.
I'm not really measuring distance , but they were about 6, 4.5 and 5 miles runs.  Going to take Tuesday off as my legs are tired.  Yes, that's how badly out of shape i'm in. HA!

A couple weekends ago I went to chicago for Lollapalooza, a 3 day music festival with 8 stages and 120 or so bands.
It was great.  I'll spare you photos, as i don't carry a great camera and you all know what a stage with a band looks like, but these are the bans I saw:
 Day 1
Animal Kingdom
First Aid Kit
O Rappa
Michael Kiwanuka
Black Angels
Metric
Band of Skulls
Black Sabbath

Day 2
Jeff the Brotherhood
Givers
*big rain storm forced park evacuation for almost 3 hours!*
Bloc Party
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Day 3
Mona
Bombay Bicycle Club
Polica
White Rabbits
Gary Clark Jr
Sigur Ros
Torp u Moi
At the Drive-In
Miike Snow
Jack White

My favorite by far was Sigur Ros.  They were unbelievable. Easily one of the 3 best bands I have ever seen live. And I go to a TON of shows.
Here's a video of the last 4 minutes of the last song (I found on youtube).
I got to their stage 1hr 15mins before their set to get a good spot. I was about 10 people back from the tip of the shade cast on people.


from the sound of these reviews, I wasn't the only one that was mesmerized by their performance.


No comments: