Thursday, June 25, 2009

My return seems so distant

Some of my regular (or at least what use to be regular) running buddies, included me on a rare email this morning. I think my response I sent very much sums up where I stand these days with the competitive running fire burning within...

Last night I stayed up till 11:28pm watching taped UT game(puke), then Top Chef Masters and David Letterman. I thought about about running at 7'ish for a bit to get Karma some fun trail time, but when i woke up without alarm at 6:17am needing to pee, i decided to just take karma out for his morning duties, then crawled back into bed for another hour 25min sleep. I then went downstairs, made myself some turkey bacon, eggs and toast, and cleaned my kitchen.

I almost feel like *name withheld* felt when he was recovering from his overtaping. Then again, I haven't been clubbing, so I guess not.

I may hit the greenbelt tomorrow, but then again, 10 miles for the week as a total so far seems like it's enough.

A fast run in Portland feels like stepping foot on Mars these days.

And I'm perfectly OK with that feeling.

2 comments:

brownie said...

You should keep your weekly mileage at 10 for at least several more weeks.

Priscilla said...

Are you getting burnt crispy?? I need a mental break from training right now, after this Ironman. I'm thinking I'll tackle trying to qualify for Boston in 2010. I just feel pooped :) Maybe you need a break?