Phew... my legs aren't fully recovered from Sunday's race even though I took Monday off, and it showed today. Total run time today: 2 hours 15 minutes. about 10 miles
Met Bruce and Meredith, and of course Flyer and Karma joined in the fun for an hour run... Middle Road, Shady, down the Z to the water and then home. i could feel my left quad misfiring on some step ups. Leaving Karma in the car and Mer and Bruce went on their way, I swapped running partners for Jo Dee and David and we took off Bologna over to the Grotto, to the field, down to the water up to the damn, then homes.
Grotto: It felt like a day to explore a new trail I've run by 100 times but never taken ubt heard about countless times. I won't be taking it too many more times. Not only did it cut off about 15-20 minutes of trail but it's pretty much just a GIANT drop, then a really steep ass climb on the other side. It completely kileld my legs and the little quad energy i had left. it's probably a good trail to take for hill training for Bandera, but not on fun weekday runs. I can find plenty of other hills that are more enjoyable.
I brought my phone/gps along for the second loop, and here's what the grotto drop looks like on Google Earth. Not mt Everest by any means, but trust me it's very steep.
No comments:
Post a Comment