Sunday, April 6, 2008

Trail Runner

I've signed up and paid for a few trail races, and also am eyeing a couple of other ones... (Links to the races are over on the right column.)

So far, I've paid for:
**April 12 -- The toughest 10K in Texas (Saturday) PAID
A short 10K in the some very rocky and hilly private trails. Should be a fun one. Who else is doing this one?
**April 19 -- Rocky Hill Ranch 25K (Saturday) PAID
Kerry and I are going to drive ou to Smithville to run this race. Apparently, this is what the trail look like out there. I can't wait! Anyone else want to run it?!
**May 4 -- the MAZE 30K (Sunday) PAID
**June 1 -- the LOOP 30K (Sunday) PAID
**June 29 -- the SAINT 30K (Sunday) PAID
I've run the Maze and the loop before, but only the 10K version. The difference is, the 30K is three loops, while the 10K is 1 loop. The Saint is a new course, but is on the trails that the Toughtest 10K is on, so at least I'll get acquainted on April 12. Are you in too?

Other races I'm considering.
**Jul 19 -- Captain Karl's 6hour (Sunday) Not yet Paid
The event starts at 7:00 PM and the winners will be determined by most laps/miles run overall, with a cut-off time for your last lap at 12:30 am (6 hour race). The trail will be marked with glow sticks, ribbons, signs, flour, and maps for your safety and convenience. Check out the link on the right, for pictures and video of the course. This should be a fun one! I think it will require a tent to camp in after the run. I'll probably quit after 3 or 4 hours. (30-40km)
**Sep 13 -- Timberline Marathon 26.2 miles (Saturday) Strongly Considering
Go look at the pictures on the link to this marathon. Just scroll down the page taht you get to from the link on the right. It looks like a really fun marathon, and I would run this at an easy long run pace. By September, I should be running 90-100 miles a week, and 26 miles shouldn't be a big deal. I'm looking for someone to join me on this adventure. Who's interested? Seriously!
**Dec 7 -- California International Marathon(CIM) Almost guaranteed that I'll run this one. (It's in Sacramento)
This will be the race that my marathon training group will focus on, and we'll all fly out and race as a group. It's one of the fastest courses in the country, and this will be where I either qualify for Boston, or visit their medical facilities so I can compare to Austin medical staff!

The only race I'll actually run at full speed will be the CIM. All others I'll run for fun, at an easy comfortable pace. If you've never run a trail race, I strongly recommend you at least register for the MAZE 10k, then register for the other ones if you like it. There's no way you won't like it! It's not hilly. Come say hi after the race. I'll be the one with a few fold out chairs, and a cooler of beer.

No comments: