Sunday, April 6, 2008

New mileage tracker.

I think I finally found a FREE online training log that's easy to use.
Breaking the Tape

You can edit the log to track Running, Swimming, Cycling, or anything other distance sport. Personally I set it up to track Running, both Road and Trail. It also allows you to set up categories, so for example, I have Base Building, Race, Quality Workout and Trail run. You can set it up to track mileage on your different shoes.

The coolest thing about it, is that it also interacts with your blog so you can automatically have your updated stats displayed on your blog, and you don't have to manually update miles like I used to do.
Check on the right side of my blog for this data:

My Distance Running
Lifetime: 14.60 Mi
Year to Date: 14.60 Mi
Month to Date: 14.60 Mi
Week to Date: 14.60 Mi
Of course, I'll have to go back to my excel spreadsheet and add some total disctances so I can correctly track lifetime, but once I have it all set up, I think it will be pretty cool.

For you Tri-geeks, check out this lady's blog, and all the stats she has along the left. (You may have to press CTRL-A for everything to show up. Her site is weird on my browsers)

Once you go to Breaking The Tape and are registered, simply use the links on the left nav bar:
Workout Tracking
Add Workouts
View Workouts
Analyze Workouts
Scripts
Preferences
Profile

Scripts is the one that has all the HTML codes you add to your blog's layouts.
I like it... nice and intuitive, and looks like once I have all my stuff set up, it'll take me less than a minute to add a workout. Exactly what I've been looking for! Let me know if you add it to your blog too!

For you non-bloggers, you can also use it without adding pieces to your blog.

One last thing, Analyze Workouts gives you many chart options. pretty cool!

5 comments:

Tim said...

very cool, I am gonna add this to my blog for cycling...btw what template do you use for your blog? I really like it.

MW said...

You know, a long time ago, I grabbed one of the premade ones, and then manually changed the colors until i created that green and brown one. I then just recently went in and changed to the blues. Looking at the template choices, I'm thinking I started off with one of the Denim choices and started playing with colors from there.

md said...

very cool! thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I'm in...now just need to get it on my blog. This helps me procrastinate a little longer on writing my paper;-) Thanks!

Dionn said...

ok..that freakin rocks!