Sunday, August 17, 2008

Olympic coverage sucks - My RANT.

NBC touts 3,600 hours of Olympic coverage. That is easily acheieved when you just show repeats of stuff overnight.
3,600 hours of what? Same shit over and over again.
There are a millioon different sports out there, and all they are &^%#^% showing us is BEACH VOLLEYBALL, and MICHAEL PHELPS. For @#^%$ sake NBC, enough of Michaeel Phelps. It's over. MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIVES.
You have a dedicated soccer channel, and apparently MSNBC is the deidcated BOXING channel. You also have a dedicated BASKETBALL channel. For those three sports, you show every nation.
Thank god for the Korean Channel. At least they show other stuff, like Archery, Table tennis, Badminton, Pistol and Rifle shooting.

Why the HELL can you not show us more TRACK AND FIELD? it's Sunday. All night long for us, day time for China, they had TRACK AND FIELD events. WHY CAN YOU NOT SHOW THESE TO ME?? Show them live on a channel, let me choose if I stay up all night or NOT.
I record your overnight stuff. You showed a few 400 meter hurdles heats, some 100m women's heats. Where is the men's 1500. Hammerthrow is over and we didn't get anything. What about heptathlon? What about all the other stuff.
FOR GODS SAKE NBC. You guys really suck.

You have half the country wanting to see stuff all day SUNDAY (and SATUDAY) but you're just showing us repetitive shit, or BEACH VOLLEYBALL.
Obviously, my eyes aren't hurting when watching women's volleyball, but come on... there are tons of other Olympic sports and at MINIMUM show us the americans in those sports.

I HATE YOU NBC. I. HATE. YOU.

And now i'm happy to report I'm FIRING YOU partially. You see, I've found a way to watch television feeds of the Olympics from: Denmark, France, Norway, Holland, Italy, Russia and England on the internet. So in a few hours, when it's day time in China, you can bet your sweet ass I won't be relying on your pathetic 3,600 hours of Michael Phelps, and Beach Volleyball.

If you're reading this, and you're interested in watching other TV feeds on your computer...
1- Right click HERE (open in new window)
2- Click on the TV image in the middle of the webpage.
3- A new window will open with the TV tuner.
4- Switch the left category to SPORT TV then pick your channel on the right! (I'm liking the Denmark channels. )
5- Press PLAY (the triangle)

Switch channels and press play all you like!(you may have to download Koo PLayer if you don't have it)

Hey NBC!!! I'm watching Sailing in storm like conditions, and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!! HAHAHAH

GO TO HELL, NBC. You don't control me anymore!

10 comments:

Shorey said...

Today has been a nightmare in terms of NBC coverage. B-O-R-I-N-G. Every now & then I see a snippet of something & I think "oh, goodie, FINALLY" and then I realize it's a repeat of the same G*D D*MN thing I saw 2 days ago!!!

Thanks for posting an alternative!

MW said...

I bet we'll find the open water swim on one of these!

KP said...

Nice find, dude - I'll try it out tomorrow when I should be working!

kirsten said...

Easy Mike, easy. It's just the Olympics!! Try watching the Olympics in Canada. Since the Canadians never win any medals (they try and have higher priorities), the commentators sit and cry about how the Canadians never get medals. God forbid they do because then you watch the same repeat over and over about how they won a bronze in rowing because all the other boats sunk!

MW said...

Kirsten, I guess we don't share the same ivew about the Olympics. That's ok!

Shorey said...

I really like watching the triathlon event. Great footage AND there's not an annoying announcer filling every possible moment. You can hear the sounds of the race & the crowd, just as if we were right there.

28 mins into the bike leg right now...

Unknown said...

man you are spot on. i thought it was just me with my observation on the endless beach volleyball coverage. what is it with these programming morons? anyway, thanks for putting it out there. maybe some suit at GE will get the picture and fire everyone they sent to china.

Anonymous said...

It really does suck. Why not show the events live. Who cares about "prime time"? Or at least provide some schedule of what you are going to show. It seems to random....

Sarah said...

Does anyone know how to complain to NBC? I'm finally pissed off enough - I don't want to see heats in Track/Field in Prime Time - I want to see the Gold Medal discus winner, Pole Vault - need I say more? Do you think they even bother saying we won a gold in Equestrian? They cut off the gymnastics gala tonight after 4 performers.

If ANYONE has a phone number for NBC, please pass it on!

Uulargh Of The Prairie said...

We don't even call it the Olympics anymore in this house... It's NBC's Volleyballympics! I even like volleyball, but, jeezuz give it a break! There are 34 sports "categories" you'd think they could give us an hour of the gun competitions or highlights from open water swimming (a new event)sometime when anyone but vampires are awake. No, but, they'll show the v-ball match between the US Woman and the bottom seed team. It's their loss, I'm guessing American's are tuning out in droves. Too bad, the Chinese really put on a class meet.