Sunday, August 17, 2008

15.3 Sunday = 100 mile week

This morning I ran a 15.3 mile run. Legs felt a little heavy for the first half hour but then I felt good all the way.
-1.2 miles with Karma
-7 mile TL loop with Ruth
-7.1 mile out and back downtown Austin with Ruth and Bruce.
15.3 + 84.7 = 100.

Second consecutive week to hit 100 miles, yet this week felt much easier and I really think it's because of the massage I got on Wednesday. (I think it should have felt harder as it was the 2nd week and I've had no rest day in 14 days.)

Our Lydiard base building phase is nearing it's end (two more weeks), and because my work life is also introducing some early morning travels, this week was my last chance to hit 100. I'll have to take this Wednesday off (work travel) so I will not be able to hit my goal of 3 consecutive 100 mile weeks I set back in March. I'm not disappointed at all, as I had no idea what to expect out of this and I still was able to put together three 100 mile weeks.

By the end of this coming week, I will have reached 1,500 miles of base building without any injuries! (no jinx here)

No comments: