Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fake Beijing

Last week I encouraged you to read this article.

Here are some quotes:
"Authorities have taken pains to hide as many of the unfinished buildings as they can. "

"Then, a few weeks ago, the shabby apartment complex across the street from mine was covered up with a 10-foot-high sheet metal fence."
I'm sitting here watching the women's marathon, and something funny happened. The runners ran by this nice wall:


Here's a picture from the helicopters a few moments before they reached that seemingly real wall. Not how the walls, are exactly the types of fake facades the author of that article wrote about. I think that's funny.

(I feel so bad for Deena, now, I gotta hope Paula Radcliffe can whoop up on the chinese favorite.)

1 comment:

Shorey said...

I saw that, too! HAHAHA! The jig is UP!