Monday, January 19, 2009

Run Updates - Sat Sun Mon

Saturday we had 20 on the schedule, and it included the last 10 or so miles of the Austin Marathon. The entire run took a bout 3 hours including water breaks, and I felt ugly for the first hour forty five. Once we crept into the 2 hour plus mark, my legs felt rejuvenated and i felt strong headed home. Usually I start feeling better after an hour, but I've never had my legs feel better after 2 hours, so that was a first. All in all, a good run. We did miss a turn, and ended up with 21 miles instead, but that's all good.

Sunday I met Kamran, Ken and Jason for recovery 10 miles. I felt pretty crappy for 8 of those. Not heavy legs, just tired, but I definitely felt better after the run was over. I sat around chatting for a good 2.5 to 3 hours afterwards and the Cedar pollen in the air finally has hit me. People have been getting hit hard by allergies but I hadn't been affected. Well, it was finally my day to get to enjoy it too.

Monday - We ran a 10 mile greenbelt point to point from Moonshadow down to Barton Springs pool. I felt absolutely GREAT within a hundred yards, and I may have picked up the pace a bit too much for Bruce, Kristen, Jo Dee and David too fast as not much conversation was being had. I love hitting trail hills harder so it was difficult to resist the tempation for the first 3 miles of the route. We eventually settled in to the run, stopping here and there to enjoy views of just catch our breath. I loved the run, but running through the Cedar trees for an hour 45 minutes didn't do me good at all.
An hour after a shower to wash off all pollen and a change of clothes, the sneezing, watery eyes, and throat itches subsided.

I'm off to meet with my coach. I'm brining a blank calendar with me so he can tell me where things will happen from here through Boston and I can plan my base building.
Went from 61 two weeks ago, to 65 this week (which was a recovery week from the ultramarathon i ran). If today was an accurate indication of my legs being recovered from the race, I'll easily hit between 77-84 this week.

Happy Running...

No comments: