Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The size of the gun is relative to the company.

Today's 14 mile run was supposed to be easy with a strong finish. That is until I got bunched in with the Big Guns (and decided to stay there). You know, the ones that run way WAAAAY under 3 hours for marathons. Hung with them for 6 miles, then got wise and let them go.
I then clung to the Medium Guns, the sub 3 hour marathoners. I held on to them for miles 6 - 13. Some of them ran away from me, but I still held on to Kamran, fighting pretty hard to not let the rubber band snap completely. My last mile was a revovery mile where I ran with Ken whom also decided that 13 miles at fast paces was sufficient. He's a legitimate medium Gun vying for Big Gun status.
When I run with them, I feel like 'm a small gun. You know, the kind that you take into the kitchen and refill with water when needed.

Final Average pace for 13 miles : 7:07
Many of those at WELL below 7 min miles.

I have a long way to go if I'm going to run twice as far 15 seconds faster per mile in April. But it did feel good to turn on the afterburners for a run.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Don't forget about the pop-guns behind you that still view you as a legitimate big-gun. It's all relative. Keep running like you are and bazooka status is right around the corner.