Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Changes

After meeting with my coach yesterday, I've made some changes to the way I will approach the Austin Marathon.  I'm going to treat it as a workout, instead of a fun run, with lots of pace changes along the way, especially in the hills.  People running around me are going to think I've lost my mind.  
(I know if I saw someone doing what I'm about to do, I'd probably say: "Look at that Yahoo.  I bet we'll be passing him in about an hour as he's crawling into a gutter")
Best way to explain it, my own personal Soulbuster... a 26.2 mile fartlek, where the paces will differ by well over a minute.  It's going to be pretty explosive.  I just hope I'm not the one that blows up. 

(And no, Brownie, I'm still not going for a PR so don't bother asking)

In other news, I'm not running 16 miles with my group this morning.  Too much stuff going on this morning.  May not run tomorrow morning either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess I'm not the only yo yo anymore. Good luck with the things leepin you from running today and tomorrow.

Priscilla said...

I know it's cause you need a hug from me.. I'm flattered.