Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm sorry but....

I hate to dog my hometown marathon, but I've had a few beers, so the opinions are flowing... 

For a race (results) website to crash (and be down for 5+ hours) so people can't see their results is completely ridiculous, and there's no excuse for it.  NONE

I've worked in the web space for years, and know these things:  
Scalabilty, Stability, and Recovery Execution.  
One of the first two is always the cause, and the third is a given, and that's just completly pathetic.

They haven't even been able to put up a static homepage saying, they're working on the issues.

3 comments:

Amy said...

grrr...

Slingshot said...

I was pretty disappointed at that too. I know they get slammed, but they always get slammed. Surely there is some way to handle the increased demand, even if it is to just shuttle extra users off to "sorry we're really busy right now" page.

brownie said...

I picked up my race shirt on Saturday around 4PM and they were out of my size. I had to get an XXL since they had no L or XL shirts. I paid how much for this race?????