Thursday, April 9, 2009

7 miles at MGP - A mixed bag - B - 11

One mile warmup, one mile warmdown, 7 miles at Marathon Goal Pave (6:50) around Townlake.

Result... meh, a mixed bag. Took longer than just a mile to warm up, so the first 2 miles at MGP felt rough. Once we got to the gravel trail, it could a little difficult since there's no traction on a trail and I felt like I had to push off on every step to keep up to speed vs. on a road it's more of a "find your speed and then glide/flow along." Couldn't locate the mile markers along the trail for the first half. I know they're out there, but it was just too dark and the vegetation is too dense. It felt like Damon was going too fast, but as he had a GPS on, I figured I'd just keep losing consistent distance from him, and it would put me right where I wanted! Then I had to stop for a bathroom break.
Finally got over to the MoPac bridge water, and from there I spotted several of the 1/4 mile markers along the trail.. goal was 1:42 per 1/4. I clocked in on a few of these: 1.41, 1.43, 1.46, 1.40, 1.47, 1.41. I walk away pretty happy with that.

Off day tomorrow(Friday),
then 16 easy on Saturday,
then a 7 mile easy trail run on Sunday,
off on Monday,
then something coached on Tuesday,
7 or 8 easy on Wednesday,
repeat today on Thursday?,
7 or 8 easy on Friday,
travel/off on Saturday,
30 minutes (4miles) easy Sunday,
then RACE DAY MONDAY at 10am EST!

The plan is coming together.

No comments: