Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So many advantages it's almost a no brainer!

My water heater went out last Thursday. The repairman fixed it on Monday, and it went out again immediately thereafter. I'm starting to get used to these cold showers, and am realizing with every shower that the advantages are enormous.
  • Gas bill is lower
  • Time spent in shower is dramatically shorter
  • Water usage is therefore decreased.
  • I am much more awake after the shower.
  • I look forward to putting on warm clothes.
  • I don't think the cold air during my runs in the AM is bad.
  • I prepare my body to withstand a potential fall into a frozen pond.
  • Not feeling my toes or fingers for 30 minutes is actually fun.
  • Shampoo and Soap lathers up much better in cold water.
  • I now have a use for my utlra thick wool socks.
  • Leaving the windows open all day and night is not a big deal anymore.
the list really goes on and on. I strongly considered cancelling the repairman order, and putting my broken water heater up for sale, but I just got the call from the repair company that the repairman is on his way, so I guess it's too late. Bummer.

In other news, I ran 10 miles this morning with a huge group of people. I think at one point there were 13 or 14 of us running.

My knee continues to bug me. It's especially bad for the first few miles, but not any worse than yesterday I don't think, so just need to make it through 2 more runs and I get a rest week to hopefully recover a little. If I knew any knee excercises to help it, I would to do them, but not sure there's anything you can do when it feels like a ligament or tendon or something is just loose and jiggling.

No comments: