Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Zion route is set.

JT and I are Heading out to Zion in 17 days.
  • Flight to Vegas - Check!
  • Car Rental - Check!
  • Hotels at both ends - Check!  
  • All other logistics - Ummmm.... We still have 17 days, right?
Seems like hardly anyone knows where Zion is, so here you go.  Red "A" marks the spot.  I'll fly in to Las Vegas then drive up, while JT will drive in from Colorado Springs.

Here's what we were going to run:


The elevation chart below depicts the typical (and what seems to be the most popular) start from on the North Western corner of the park, then running towards the South Eastern corner.


However, we've decided to do the reverse, which is depicted on the elevation chart below:
  
Start on the South Eastern side, and run up to the Northwestern corner instead.  It seems like it will be a much more pleasant run, as I'd much rather have to dig my way out of that hole at mile 12-17 than at mile 37-40.


I'm going to need more than one turkey sandwich for this run.

3 comments:

Muz said...

Dang that looks good!

Unknown said...

should be great at this time of year - just watch out for all the crumbly rock!

David Jacobson said...

I may have to copy-cat you one of these years. My aunt and uncle live in Prescott, AZ. Would love to see that park.