Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fun in the Off Season

Ran 5 miles on the greenbelt on Monday with Bruce and Karma
Ran 5 miles on the greenbelt on Tuesday with Bruce, Meredith and Jo Dee. 
Left hamstring still a little mad. 

May run easy 10 tomorrow with the boys then take Thursday off as apparently, "the whole band is getting back together".
Then again, maybe I won't and will sleep instead. (Time zone adjustment is terrible so far... woke up at 2:55am today!)

On a side note:
I'm ridiculously jealous of Ken and Muz who went out and ran a 50mile trail race this last weekend while I was flying.  I'm not mad, but I almost feel like they cheated on me by going out and doing that without me.  Last I'd heard they were only supposed to go 34miles.
However, I'm also ridiculously proud of their accomplishment since they not only finished the run, but they also finished 2nd and 3rd OVERALL!  This gives me HUGE confidence in my fitness and how my hybrid training is going to pay off huge for Bandera 100km in Jan 2010.   May have to go find myself a 50miler in November to get the mental experience since it sounds like that was the absolute biggest challenge.  Well, that if you don't count the ridiculously HOT weather in the mid 90's (40+C) they had to endure for their 10 hour 14 minute journey.  

Kind of puts my time goal at Bandera which is 12 extra miles at the forefront of my thoughts.  Looks like I'll have to go considerably faster than they did, or spend less time at aid stations, or walk less?  i dunno.  Need to do a full debrief with them, and I'm sure all the long training runs we will endure will bring light to the pace I'll need to hold. 
What's my time goal at Bandera, you ask?  Way too early to tell you that. 

5 comments:

brownie said...

You'll go sub 14, maybe 13:30 at Bandera. Eventually faster, but this is your first one.

Muz said...

http://nomadsblackandred.blogspot.com/

for my race report:) Dang I still could not recover well Ken is good though.

Unknown said...

that wanker brownie is right...plus it's bandera...it's tough.
might be out there doing the 50k myself.
cathy bridge

MW said...

With all due respect, my plan is a little more aggressive than Brownie's thoughts, and I don't think I'm being unrealistic.
It's probably because he can only judge others based on his own limitations that possibly due to his weight management problems.

We'll see what happens, but I can tell you today that if my time is higher than his suggested 13hrs30mins, I'll be happy to have finished my first 100K, but will be quite disappointed in my time.

Stay tuned over the next 6 months as my plan is revealed.

brownie said...

I would have predicted your marathon times spot on had you not let your vagina drag you down the final few miles of each race!