Tuesday, December 15, 2009

14.25 today, and update on new trail shoes.

Ran 14.25 miles with the road boys today. We kept it light and easy paced for the most part. It was a little chilly running into the wind comgin from the NNE. Websites claim gusts of up to 29 mph, so it was probably about 20mph constant when we ran early this AM, with at least half of it into the wind.
Anyway, the pace overall was around a 7:25 with several of the last miles under 7. They were easy to do as we ran towards townlake so overall downhill, and the wind was finally on our backs.


Several of you have asked me for a review of my new trail shoes... the New Balance MT 100.
It's too early to write a fair review, since I've only run in them 1 time,and that was for an hour and a half at a very relaxed pace. I'll give them much more time on the trails this Saturday when i plan to run a good 2 - 4 hours in them. Why only 1 time? Well, Bandera is no place for the MT100's. They are not made for such a rocky place. At least not for several hours on these beautiful, but highly technical trails:


This is a video of one of the small descents down in Bandera. I was lost at the time, so not sure what hill top i was at.
I made some additional videos, and i'll post them over the next few days to not overwhelm you.


3 comments:

brownie said...

The MMT100s were designed by and for a guy who runs much longer distances over much more rugged trails...

MW said...

Does he have Plantars?
If he does, he's a better man than I am. If he doesn't, i can see how he could run in them.

brownie said...

He often has knee and shin issues, but I don't believe plantar has ever been an issue with him.

I may jump on the bandwagon and get a pair. I might even be able to get them autographed...